Thursday, March 31, 2011

Bitter Farewell

This is my blog. I am allowed to do as I wish. I will be taking a brief recess from being the cool, polished, 'normal' individual and become something that I often am not: a hurt female. Please be aware that you have been warned. Thank you.

Dear You:

Circumstances in life are so malicious. We often have to go through difficult times in order to see what we are capable of. I really thought most of my character had been built when I left the Valley. Apparently I was wrong. At that time, I had no faith in the human race; I was perfectly comfortable living in my private shell. But I knew something was missing: a connection to another person. Then you came into my life.

The way I met you was not something very common. I was kinda ashamed of how that came to be, but after conversing with you and realizing all the things that we had in common, I could not have been more thankful for the method in which we met. I seriously thought I was the luckiest woman in the world. I couldn't even finish counting my blessings at having had you waltz into my life. I didn't know then that I was so wrong.

I've already sung your praises. But, you see, that was when I was under the impression that I knew you. Can you believe, I stupidly thought that I had a very good idea of what kind of person you were. You have shown me recently, that I was oh so, so blind as to who you really are.

I thought you were: a witty, smart, sincere, gentle, kind-hearted, strong, mature, and funny man. This is who I found you to be: an insecure, manipulative, cold-hearted, arrogant, narcissistic, sarcastic, confused, and slimy creature who can hardly be classified as human. How I could've been so mistaken, I dunno. I know it doesn't speak well of me, but then again, I've never been one to screw people over for the sake of my own selfish needs. When you were teaching those classes, I guess I was out sick. Very lucky for me.

My heart actually felt warmth when it came to you. Now all I find is that the thought of you leaves me with a dirty feeling. The thing that's even harder to understand is that in your eyes, you never did anything wrong. Of course you'll stick to the whole 'I never did it on purpose'. Yeah, sure, go ahead and tell yourself that. I know otherwise.

It's the end. The end of what once was and what never will be. It's okay. I ain't gonna wither away. I've been through worse and I'm stronger than this. I don't wish you anything bad, but I don't wish you the best either. People like you exist for a reason. You're reminders that one should never let their guard down, no matter how sweet or charming the person might seem to be.

I really feel bad for you; for what you went through and what you've become. I'm sorry to say that there is such a thing as karma and it does tend to visit at the most awkward of times. A person like you will never really know happiness; at least not until you change. But change might be a challenge for you. Oh well, that's so not my problem.

Good riddance. I don't need a person like you in my life. Even having you around as a friend would be unnecessary. What kind of a friend are you capable of being? Not anyone I'd ever be able to depend on, that's for sure. So go on, head down whatever aisle you see fit for you. I'll make sure that our paths never cross again. Once was more than enough.

Always,
Me

P.S. You should really congratulate me on how I never resorted to curse words. Believe me, it was incredibly hard, but I'm better than that. Yay for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for you is right! I think we may have dated the same person; your description is perfect. Just wait, all blessings are coming to you soon!