Thursday, March 17, 2011

En Mi Barrio


I was at my dad's today and I was searching for some old family pics in order to start decorating my place. I came across a lot of neat pics that I hadn't seen in years. I was transported back to the days when the streets weren't paved in my barrio. El Barrio de los Amores is where I grew up. To most it would be known as the 'west side'.

Me recuerdo de los dias when the my biggest concern was who was going to be taking me to Maverick that day. I was a Maverick fiend and my uncles knew that a pit stop at Maverick had to be a daily occurrence for me. And that was the Maverick on San Bernardo where the Valero now stands. Those were also the days when we'd be running on the street barefoot without even noticing the rocks digging in our feet. This is the barrio that I remember fondly because this is where my family and I were raised and to this day my family continues to live there. Every single member of my family can honestly say that they have a memory of this here street.

But as with everything, it's changed some. The streets are paved. The neighborhood now has some unruly residents. All I have left are some pics and the memories of como era antes. But that's the way it goes, I guess.

No comments: