Friday, March 11, 2011

A Break from the Norm

The family and I spent a random evening at la presa. We used to spend so much time there as children. We'd play on the swings, work on skipping rocks over the waves, make carñe asadas, and go climbing up and down the lil 'montañas' that used to be there. We've never gone to the lake on holidays. We always manage to make up some minuscule reason as to why we need to visit the lake. Today's reason: we all just needed a damn break. Standing at the water's edge and breathing in the air...it just felt like it washed away all the weeks' stress and worries. For that moment, I wasn't the responsible 28-yr-old, I was the child who used to play on the swings and run around and laugh just for the sake of laughing. To say that we had a blast is putting it extremely lightly. I even got to take some pics.


This building here brings back so memories of running around and screaming like we're crazy. I dunno what it's for but it just gives off a feeling of security and tranquility....at least to me it does.
 
Swings are fun. They're perfect because no matter how old you are, they always welcome you with open seats. I hadn't gotten on a swing for years but I found myself swinging like there was no tomorrow. Yea, I'm supposed to be mature y todo but I left that suit at the lake's entrance. I had some major fun on those swings. 

As a kid, I wouldn't care if I had to drink from a fountain like this. I probably would've pasted my mouth over the spout and guzzled down water till I was full. When I was faced with this here option at the lake, I must admit that I did hesitate but thought that since I was acting like a kid, might as well go all out. Well, at least it didn't taste like fish so I'm guessing it was okay to drink. And no, I didn't paste my mouth over the spout like when I was a kid. I do have my limits.... 
 
It's so easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of everyday life and forget to breathe. I have a freakin pain in my neck that's letting me know just how stressed I am. But today, playing around and appreciating the time I got to spend with my family, helped me focus on the very important need to take a break and look around. The problems are always going to be there. The drama will forever be constant. So why freak out. Why spend so much time worrying. Just savor the moment and live for the day. El mundo siegue dando vueltas... 



No comments: