Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Almost There

I can almost taste it. I can feel the shift in the air, I can sense its impending entrance...my freedom is approaching. Alright, enough with the drama, I know I've had my fair share recently. I'm referring to the days off I'm gonna be having soon. Days off....those words never sounded so darn good. I already have planned what it is that I'm gonna be doing:

1. Tend to my much neglected car. At least give it a wash, by hand, cuz it really, really needs it.
2. Catch up with my reading. I haven't touched a book in months.
3. Take my daughter to the zoo. We both need a break from Laredo.
4. Spend as much time as possible with the family, there can never be enough of that.
5. Go and watch a movie at the theaters, and I'm not talking about a cartoon...no more please!

It seems like my mini vaycay is already jam packed with activities to attend to. I'm all set and ready to go where the wind takes me. I'm so gonna do EVERYTHING on  my list.

 But....perhaps....just maybe....there might be another issue I may have to tend to. You see, I must confess something: I've been having a bit of a hard time with a current relationship of mine. I have to admit that I've been the one who hasn't been putting in my effort but it's cuz things get in the way. Life is so crazy, I put it on the back burner. Now that I have those couple of days of free time, I was wondering whether I should focus on piecing back together that tattered relationship. I'm sure it misses me. I'm sure it'd welcome me with open arms....

Alright, that's it. Those couple of days, I'm gonna spend it making up with my 'camita'. My bed is my haven and my best friend and I haven't been very nice to it lately. I haven't been sleeping well and so, for the days I'm afforded off, I'm gonna be in bed. Screw the list...see you in my dreams.

No comments: