Friday, April 13, 2012

Status Update

I'm close to the mid-month mark with my daily blogging project and I think I'm doing pretty well. Yes, there have been a total of three days where I didn't post, but I've made up for it the following day. I'm glad there are some people out there who are keeping me honest.

I'm working on some stuff...opinion pieces, life-altering entries, random thoughts, and the like. I understand a lot of my posts hold a certain nada que ver feel but the blog was never meant to be taken seriously. It's all in fun.

For example, today's NQV moment....

This balloon sits on top of the tv in my dad's living room. Anyone who visits him would probably think it's a pretty weird decoration piece. Well, this lil balloon has a long history.

See, when I was in the fourth grade, I hit the big 1-0. My mom thought she'd celebrate my first decade by sending me balloons and candies to my school. That was the first and only time I've ever received balloons at school. This Beauty and the Beast balloon were part of the birthday bouquet. Can you see why this balloon is so special?

It's almost twenty years old...and still in pretty good shape. I'd say it's in damn, good shape...kinda like its owner (totally kidding). Sure, it's not a regular balloon, but for it to have lasted this long, I think that's pretty cool. It was in my room when I was a kid, was moved into my closet when I became a teenager, and recently came out into the light again.

So, you see, it's super special to me. I was thinking about bringing it to my apartment, but it just didn't feel right. I think it belongs at my dad's house.

Ven, it was a nada que ver moment, but now you know why my dad has a Beauty and the Beast balloon on his tv.

No comments: