Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Family Pet

Years back, having a pet rock was the in thing. I never had one. My dad preferred to have dogs. Well, months ago, I took my daughter to the lake and she came back with a new pet. 

it doesn't have a name...suggestions?

She never let that thing go, even when I told her to throw it away when we got back to the car. She sat it on her lap all the way home and then plopped it down in the corner of the living room. And there it still sits. 
I've tried throwing it out but she won't let me. I understand, we really can't have pets (well, I don't wanna pay the extra deposit to have a pet), but a rock

So there it sits. Visitors who have come by have commented on it. Well, some of them have, others just give me a weird look. Who knows what goes thru their head. But I don't mind it at all. It makes my daughter happy. And don't think that she sits down and plays with it. No. She plays with the toys she has, but for some reason or another, she likes having the rock there. 

I know, there's probably some reason as to why she wants it there but I haven't analyzed it yet. I'll do it soon. Till then, this is mija's pet. It's been the cleanest, quietest, most well-behaved pet ever

You should all look into getting one.

Btw, I know I owe you all a post. I'm working on it. 

3 comments:

Que Fregados said...

Ah, the best of all pets!

Pete said...

How about Pete?

Furniture in Life said...

My absolute fav pet ever! Pete? Sounds like a fun name...how about Petey?

I think we have a winner. Petey it is.