Sunday, April 8, 2012

Night Before Easter

I didn't make my self-imposed deadline today. Yup. Technically I didn't post an entry for April 7. :(

It wasn't that I didn't want to or that I forgot. To be honest, I tried to post something a couple of mins before 12am from my Blogger phone app. Pero it didn't work. The intentions were there and I'm still gonna post tonight....even with it being 2:07 in the am.

My reason for not posting on Saturday? Well, my brother's in from outta town and we basically spent the day running up and down Laredo. We weren't really searching for anything; we have fun really doing nothing. BUT we're a family of procrastinators.

See, I would've called it a night at 10pm but we forgot to buy something for Easter. We're planning on having a huge water balloon fight for the holiday and so we were missing water balloons. Of course, we all knew since Monday that we were going to be doing this but we all waited till the night before to actually buy the materials we needed.

So off we went, thinking it's an in and out trip to our favored Wal-Mart (the one on the loop, of course). We were sooooooo wrong.


First off, the parking was ridiculous. That should have been enough to deter us from actually going in. Second, the lines at the register were super duper long. Third, THERE WERE NO WATER BALLOONS. I guess everyone else in the world has been having water balloons fights for Easter and we just never got wind of it until this time. We had to dig into other people's unattended carts for a measly bag of balloons. Thinking this was going to be as good as it got, we went to get in line and waited....and waited....and waited....you get the point.

What did I learn tonight?

-I should stop being a procrastinator.
-People look at you weird when you take pictures of them.
-No matter what the hour, there will always be people on the street.
-Usually you'll find what you're looking for in the most unexpected places.

How do I know that last point is true? Because after that session at the Wal-Mart on the loop, we were curious to see whether we would have more luck at the Wal-Mart on San Bernardo (aka Chaos City). Lo and behold, we found three packs of balloons at the place where they're supposed to be.
Y todo por estas cosas
Te digo.

Happy Easter. Que la pasen bien.

No comments: