Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Round and Round

Summer's here. Well, technically, we just ran into spring but as true Laredoans know, there's no such thing in this city.

I hate hot weather. Detest it. Loathe it. I prefer the cold, freezing weather a billion times over. Ugh.

But, the warm weather means more visits to the lake for my family. I ain't gonna go on too much about the fun times we have at the lake, I've covered that before, but I just wanted to post a pic I found from way back in the day.

I'd say the pic is probably from 1986.
mi mami and my middle bro
I remember when the lake used to have super awesome playgrounds. They were done away with a loooooong time ago. That merry-go-round flung us off a whole bunch of times. Our butts constantly got burned on that slide.

Seeing the pic brings back some pretty awesome memories...and ammunition to pick on my mom and little brother. That kid was a butterball! Aside from the fun we had at the lake, the pic also reminds me of the times when my family was complete.

Eh, but that's a story for another day.

Funny how life works sometimes.

2 comments:

Alex said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alex said...
This comment has been removed by the author.