Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Tire-d Tuesday

I'm back from my last mini-break of the summer. I kinda share the same sentiments the kiddos are having about the summer being over and going back to school. Y eso que I'm not attending school.

I didn't have summer vacations like they did, but work did slow down a bit. Now that the school year has taken off, so will my work load. I ain't really complaining because as it's been said before: idle hands are the cucuy's play things.

But I noticed a couple of things upon my arrival from my trip up-state. Time passes by super fast, my lil girl can survive without me, and my dad's neighborhood has acquired some, um, decorations.

adds a certain je ne sais pas to the barrio

Alright, alright, so I saw all the other blogs posting tire pics so I jumped on the band wagon. It just so happens I didn't have to go far to find random llantas littering the streets. What's even sadder is that if I had turned a little to the left, there would've been two additional tires in front of another house. Seems like the neighbors did a lil summer cleaning, except they didn't bother to pick up their mugrero.

Thanks to BT Blues, a tire on the street will never be just a tire on the street. Now it's a photo opportunity and a way to showcase Laredoan's landscaping abilities. Also as a chance to poke fun at Laredo.

Then again, those opportunities are readily available.  

1 comment:

Alex said...
This comment has been removed by the author.