Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Laredo Doesn't Disappoint

The Laredo Lemurs, huh?...hmm. Usually mascots are chosen because they have something to do with the group, community, city, or whatever it is that they're representing. In this case, really? Lemurs?

I know what the animal is (I didn't have to go searching for my dictionary) but I know what they are because of the cartoon that came out a couple of years ago (if you have kids, you understand). That's the image Laredoans are gonna have when they think of the team mascot. They're gonna have that song on a constant loop in their head,  les puesto todo lo que quieran. But it's fitting, I think, cuz of King Julien's personality. He's so full of himself. Yea, yea, it's just a cartoon and it wasn't chosen cuz of the caricatura....pero could it be have been done unconsciously?

Oh well, I agree with another blogger's post that the target audience for this mascot son los niƱos. Mija was having a blast dancing to the tune when the story was released on Pro 8 News.

Don't worry, I'll probably be going to a game or two; I'll do my best to support local sports. Still, I know I ain't gonna be buying any merchandise.

It's Laredo, people, que mas esperan? Go Lemurs Go. Ya que.


intimidating...no?

2 comments:

DeLaredo said...

There is nothing shameful about having reached for the dictionary. Free yourself of the shame and admit it. Let go of it all..

Furniture in Life said...

There was no need for a dictionary and I am not ashamed that I know what a lemur is cuz of the cartoon. AND I think ur friend was right on the money with Laredo Lamers..... but remember me when you get ur season tickets :)