Sunday, August 14, 2011

Daily Living

Recently I spent the evening at my tia's house. The following is a snippet of our conversation:

"Mija, I was thinking about something a couple of days ago." She pauses and looks at me, I guess expecting me to read her mind.

"What about, tia?" I smile cause by the look on her face, I knew she was gonna come up with something from left field.

"You were in the sixth grade and I was wearing a t-shirt that said 'My IQ test came back negative' and you looked at it and said 'I know!'"

I laughed and started to apologize but she wasn't done yet. "No sabia porque dijiste eso...yo andaba bien proud con mi shirt. Yo pense que my test coming back negative was a good thing. I just found out a couple of months ago what IQ means, eres bien mala!"

By this time, I was cracking up big time. "Ya ves, tia, I was right!"

they still sell the shirts online

Some people are academically smart, some are street smart. You can guess where my tia falls.

Gotta give it up for the family; they give me my best material.

No comments: