Sunday, August 7, 2011

Daily Living

"So I asked him last night whether he'd ever date me and he took fifteen minutes to answer me. It was a simple question. Besides, I'd never date him. It wouldn't even cross my mind. I just wanted to see what his response would be," I tell my friend as we're sitting in his office.

My friend looks at him, "She's a softy, you know. Underneath, way, way, underneath all that stuff, she really does have a soft heart." She gives me a smirk as she waits for his reply.

"I think a rock would be softer. Besides, I don't know why she wouldn't date me." He looks at me expecting some answer.

I smile sweetly at him, "You know you can't handle my sarcasm and I don't want to spend my days apologizing for hurting your feelings. You're more of a girl than I am."

"Ugh! No wonder you're still single," as he turns away in disgust.

I laugh as I give pat him on the back and leave him to sulk in his office.

**Surprisingly, it's not the first time I've gotten that reaction.**

No comments: