Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Angelito

As I embark on yet another road trip (don't worry, this one's not for pleasure), I will again be taking a brief recess from my lil blog. I promise I'll be on the lookout for awesome pics and I will work tirelessly on coming back with fantastic pieces (please, don't hold your breath).

But before I depart, I wanted to introduce you to the newest member of mi familia. By the way, don't worry about my putting his identity at risk. He doesn't look like this anymore. He's changed quite a bit since his introduction into the world a couple of months ago....so please, read on knowing that he's very safe wherever he is.

ain't he adorable!!

I have now officially joined the ranks of tia-hood. It was about damn time! Now my parents have two grand kids, a boy and a girl. Mija now has to share her throne which she doesn't really seem to mind. Then again, she probably won't feel it for another couple of years. 

It's interesting to see one of my brothers take on the role of daddy. I'm used to seeing him as the immature kid who would annoy the heck outta me when we were younger. Hmm...strike that. He hasn't changed at all, except now he has a lil boy.

Finally our family is starting to expand but at a very slow pace. See, I don't plan on having any other children and my other two brothers are not quite ready (huge understatement) to set aside their own wants and needs in order to fit in another human being; aside, of course, from their wives...ahem...sure.

Having my daughter and this lil bundle of joy around makes me realize two things:
1. It'd be nice to have another baby.
2. My daughter brings me back to reality.

But one thing I have definitely learned is to never say never. Who knows what the future may hold. For now I'll worry about raising my lil girl and helping my bro and sis-in-law with their parenting skills. Yes, cuz I'm such an excellent parent....ahem...sure.

No comments: