Thursday, August 11, 2011

Que Onda en Laredo

It seems like my lil blog is getting left behind in the dust, what with other mainstream blogs spotlighting the circus that is the city government. It's all good and probably necessary, because as sad as it sounds, I get most of my information on what's happening in this fair city from these blogs. Yes, I know, I should be ashamed of sharing such a fact but unfortunately that's the way it is. Most of the time I don't even get a chance to watch the news (I could DVR it but then, it wouldn't be up-to-date if I saw it a week later, huh?). At least I don't complain about my dear ol' town....well not that much.

In all honesty, all these blogs are fantastic. La Sanbe, Que Fregados, Laredotejas, hasta DeLaredo has shared his chagrin about the city not embracing local beer runs (not at all surprised). I gotta say though, the newest blog, La Guera del Norte, has some totally cool stuff. She, for sure, has some hard-hitting writing and I like her blunt approach to basically everything.

I will probably never join such ranks. I'd most likely come off sounding like an idiot and piss people off. I'll happily stick to what I know best...gibberish.

So to these heavy-hitters, continue posting up those awesome entries that keep me in touch with this fabulous city and I'll be here to play the court jester, providing the comedic relief in between the serious talk.

There always needs to be a balance, right?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you kindly, Furniture in Life! I look forward to reading more of your stuff, and thanks for putting up with my blog as I figure out how to work Wordpress. ;)
-La Guera

Furniture in Life said...

Sometimes it's all about trial and error. I still have my issues with Blogger. Please continue to keep me informed with all of Laredo's happenings! :D

BT Blues said...

Hey, you two have a fan . . .

Que Fregados said...

Two fans - except I'm all late :(

Furniture in Life said...

Thanks Mr. BT and Ms. QF.

Better late than never, right? :)