Friday, February 4, 2011

Laredo's Deep Freeze

Anoche, Laredo experienced freezing temps that sent the city into chaos. Pero YO, because I'm so smart, andaba en la calle como mensa. I had absolutely no reason to leave the warm, comforting embrace of my home but I did. I left it to go and roam the streets of my frozen city. Unfortunately, I didn't take pics last night. I was too busy focusing on my driving and steering clear of all those ambulances and police cars littering the streets. But this morning as I was getting ready to take off to work (yes I worked and to top it off, the day I can get to work late, I arrived right on time) I snapped a couple of shots at home.

Ice skating, anyone?


Today, objects will NOT appear closer than they are. Thank you.


se ve bien pretty el hielo
Last time I remember it being so cold in Laredo was back in 2004 when it snowed on Christmas eve. Even then, I don't think Laredo shut down as much as it did this time. Ice can be a bit meaner than snow. Still, since these kinda temps are rare in Laredo, it was a special occasion. Well, that's if you were inside.

Ice water for the pups.  (JK, don't call animal cruelty. I got them fresh water)


No comments: