Sunday, February 6, 2011

At the Car Wash

When I'm driving around my humble hometown, the first impression I have of people is just how clean their cars/trucks/SUVs are. I glance around and either see shiny vehicles or dirty, dusty automobiles. I have to admit I'm one of the latter ones. Sorry, sometimes I just don't know where to fit in a car wash. But after this week, after the ice, my car was especially dirty. Shield your eyes, it was real bad.

my deepest apologies for the insult
 So this weekend, I made it my mission to go and wash my car. Mind you, I wouldn't actually be washing it myself. I pay the local laser washes to do me the favor. Yes, I have manually washed my car, well, once and that was back in July when I bought my car. But hey, at least I did it. Anyways, I headed towards my usual car washes and they were jam packed. I went to three nearby my hood y todos llenos. I wasn't about wait so I decided to head to la mama de los burros over in North Laredo and see if I had better luck there and this is what I found.
Laredoans think alike

 Since I had already gone all the way over here (and it is far from my west side home) I decided to wait it out. Boy, did I sure wait it out. Yes, that goes to show just how interesting my weekends are. A whole hour later and my car was finally clean.
the difference a lil TLC does to my carrito

I love Laredo. Whether it be a rain, ice, snow, or dust clouds, you best bet that the day after, the car washes will be stuffed to the gills. In my personal opinion, it's best to make sure your car is clean and shiny (I wash mine maybe once a month) but it's better than running the risk of having this happen.

some people are just plain rude
I'm just saying.

No comments: