Monday, February 14, 2011

Carnival Fun

I finally made my yearly trek to the carnival a couple of nights ago. I have always had fun at the carnival, even if I haven't gotten on the rides for a couple of years. This year it was a tad different then previous years. In the years prior, I had gone as a 'visitor'. I wouldn't really have to commit to pitching in for anything. First it was my father who would buy the tickets and pay for the games. Then it was my brothers who would take over my father's role. This year, it was my turn to stand in. I really had to do it cuz my daughter wanted to play the games. The rides she didn't really give them much of a thought. I guess the sound and the crowd kinda overwhelmed her but the games didn't scare her at all. The game attendants were nice enough to let her play some games for free but if she wanted to get a toy, well then I'd have to fork over the money. Well, I didn't just fork over money, I kinda bulldozed over a huge chunk of cash. I mean, how could I possibly tell her no? At the end of the whole carnival adventure, I ended up spending $75. I dunno. It seems like a lot of money and all I have to show for it is a couple of teeny, tiny stuffed animals. But my lil girl had the time of her life and it's a once a year deal so I'm all for it. What's $75 when it comes to having a lil girl remember some really good times with her family? No es nada.

Aah, what can I say when he's family? Just an example of we roll at the carnival...
(FYI: He is NOT my brother; just wanted to make that clear.) 




No comments: