Sunday, January 30, 2011

El Gallo

This past Christmas, my dad and brother ran into this lil fellow. Yea, roosters are very common in Laredo, so I wasn't all that surprised to see that he was roaming the streets. What I found rather odd is that he's become part of the family. My dad loves animals and when I was a baby, he had ducks, geese, chickens, cats and dogs. He could've easily had his own farm. When we got older, he got rid of them due to other more important obligations (i.e. his expensive kids). When I hit my mid-teens, he bought some chickens and kept them for a while and got rid of them again. He didn't bother to buy anymore and just kept a couple of dogs. Until this 'Christmas Rooster' strolled into the family. My dad even went and bought him his own bag of feed, just to make sure el gallo felt at home. I tell you, life is never boring.
He just might think he's a flamingo...

No comments: