Thursday, June 2, 2011

Sheer Bliss


pic taken by a friend on Hwy 83.....serenity does exist in the desert

Everyone's in the search of happiness. Even if they deny it, it's just a force of nature that we all want to be happy. Who in the world would want to suffer? I ain't picky. It's the simple things that bring about that small thrill of bliss. Of course, my daughter, family, friends bring me happiness. But there's something about the random occurrences in daily life that brings that shiver of nirvana....

-Listening to Pandora dish out a tune that makes you want to break out in dance
-Being smacked in the face with the sweet, sweet smell of freshly baked bread at a panaderia
-Receiving new office supplies (yes, I'm a dork) and it's even better when the agency pays for them
-Taking a break from the maturity of adulthood by flying down a giant slide at a park
-Realizing that any man that's gonna truly love me is gonna hafta have a tire swing in the back yard
-Waking up in the middle of the night and seeing that only an hour has passed since you went to bed...there's still a bunch of hours of sleep left
-Opening bleary eyes to the morning sun and dreading the day ahead...and then remembering that it's Saturday and there's no work
-Stripes having freshly fried burritos
-Someone at work buying breakfast...for everyone
-Watching Benny and Joon, Pretty in Pink, or Sixteen Candles on the TV instead of having to put on the DVD
-Finding out that Jem is still being shown on some random channel on cable

Last but certainly not least:

-Waking up to a rainy morning and having the kiddo sleep a couple of extra hours while I'm afforded the opportunity to watch a movie that was recorded on the DVR months ago without having to hear "mommy, I want_____" over and over again.

Like I said, it's the simple things that bring me pleasure. Offer me a shopping spree and believe me I won't turn it down, but I'm sure I wouldn't feel the same satisfaction as from the above list. Happiness is really super fleeting, there's so many obstacles that get in the way of it. I'd say appreciate every opportunity you're afforded to grasp a piece of it. Enjoy looking for it....

emotional eating isn't healthy but a lil pick-me-up ain't all that bad

No comments: