Thursday, June 23, 2011

Blog Viewing at Sam's

There's a certain tactic required when attracting attention. Subtlety seems to work best when making sure readers keep coming back over and over again. While running some errands, my co-conspirators (stupidity needs company) and I took over the computers at Sam's Club. The blog became the greeting page for anyone shopping for a laptop. Catching them off guard was our perfect plan.

Picture it: an unknowing shopper is testing out the machines when they're greeted with a masthead of a pic of Lake Casa Blanca. It looks familiar to them and they start browsing the page and instantly get pulled in by the quirky, random posts. Bam! They've hooked. They immediately write down the URL to search the site at home and the blog's got another reader. My work is done.

Ok, ok, I'm just kidding. I'm not starved for attention. Frankly, I shy away from the limelight cuz I just wasn't born for it. In reality, my accomplices and I were bored and had some time to kill. The opportunity to promote the blog at the store was just a stroke of luck. It's a section visited often and the advertising was free! That just can't be beat.







I'm thinking of printing t-shirts with the site on them and handing it out to the 'pedestrians' over on San Ber. I'd definitely get some attention then. Keep an eye out....the possibilities are endless....

No comments: