Monday, June 20, 2011

Finally Back

My heart had been on vacation for the past year and a half. It left without much notice; packed its bags and decided to hit the road. I'm sure it explored exciting lands, tasted interesting foods, interacted with unique characters. I'm sure it had a blast; while I was left void, to fend for myself. I wasn't doing a good job, not at all. I tried my best to keep afloat but I kept sinking with every lil move I made. I was fighting a losing battle.

Well today, my heart returned from its trip. It greeted me with open arms and told me all about its adventures. I wasn't jealous of the stories being told, I was just very much relieved at the fact that it was home. Now I'm going to be complete again. When it left, my heart had carried a lot of anger and resentment. It also took with it a lot of baggage. When it returned, I found that it carried an air of serenity, it seemed nicer, it even was a bit lighter. It said that it had forgotten some bags somewhere in Italy.

I've come to see that perhaps now, there's hope for me.

No comments: