Thursday, June 16, 2011

Muchos Thank You's

I started this lil blog with the intention of entertaining myself in a positive light. I've been writing since I was in elementary. Back then, my writings were about the major crushes I had on these two boys in my class. I was going through those journals a couple of months back...wow. Talk about being pathetic, but let's be honest, have things really changed? Sadly the answer would be a resounding no.

Writing, to me, really isn't just a means to pass the time. It's the only way I can truly express myself and the only real way I can understand myself. When I was introduced to the blogging world, I thought it was too complicated for me. I'm not at all computer savvy, but after a while, the idea of having my own blog became somewhat of an obsession. Then my own 'page' was born. If I would've known then that the name would be soooo important, I would've actually gone over a few other ideas instead of settling on 'Furniture in Life'. I've been made fun of so many times. I've also gotten weird looks whenever I've said the name. The explanation of how the name came to be is always on hand, which isn't as interesting as it was before. I've been told that maybe I should set up some advertising for Maldonado Fine Furniture. I was a bit offended, exclaiming that why couldn't I advertise for Ashley's or even Lack's! In all honestly, my blog would be better compared with Maldonado than with any other furniture store. It might even be safe to say that Maldonado is probably more sophisticated than mi blog. But I've seriously pondered the idea of promoting the store, perhaps I can get some new furniture outta the deal but I'm sure Maldonado is doing just fine without any help from me. I bet I'd only hurt their sales.

Right now, I want to thank some people for helping me along my lil journey into the blogosphere. If I hadn't been  DeLaredo's protege (ha) I would've never started anything. His blog has comforted me when I was intimidated by other more sophisticated blogs (just kidding!...). Thanks, sir DeLaredo, for opening the doors to the appreciation of all random things.

Border Town Blues included my lowly blog in a couple of his posts and I was so excited. I'd honestly say I could compare it to the excitement DeLaredo felt when he was visited by Loteria Chicana. Thank you, Mr Border Town Blues, for including me somewhere in your formidable blog. I'm just glad I don't write about politics because I'm sure I'd sound like an idiot. That's why I stick more to the things that I do know about...like my life; which often confuses me anyways.

And to my number one follower, Que Fregados. Muchas gracias for taking the time to 'follow' my insignificant space on the Internet. I very much appreciate the fact that someone who really has writing talent takes the time to read the crap stuff, I include in my blog.

I have big plans for this here blog of mine. I really do. I'm gonna start researching important topics. I'm gonna start providing life changing information. I'm gonna make it my life's goal to change the world. Alright. I am joking. Sorry. But I do have big plans. I make it my life's duty to work on having one more follower by the year's end. Even if I have to pay one of my brothers, I'm gonna do it. Yes, I have my sights set on the horizon. It's all gonna be sunny from now on. I think I'm gonna hafta start wearing my shades. Yay for me.

Oh and just to clarify things, the blog's title came from the line:
"I like being a piece of furniture in your weird life."
It's a line from the movie Juno...I tooooold ya I was sad.

4 comments:

Alex said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Furniture In Life said...

Thanks! :D It inspires me to continue on with my rinky-dinky blog.

Delaredo said...

Ay le llevamos tu y yo, my friend!

Que Fregados said...

I just went to Sam's and switched the homepages to QF - just kidding, just kidding. Keep up the writing, we need more Laredo bloggers!