Sunday, July 24, 2011

A Sweet Morning

Whenever my pan dulce fix needs to be fed, I’m usually not the one to actually go and buy bread. I wait around until my lovely co-workers stop by and pick up something on their way to work, or I go and visit my dad cuz he always has sweet bread on hand.

A couple of weeks ago, my friend (aka Accomplice 1) stopped by my office with her pink bread box and started talking about the bakery guy. There she stood, eyes aglow, her smile stretched from ear to ear, gushing around the guy behind the glass windows.

My friend is happily married and has never been the type to stray or even glance at other men, so I was a bit surprised this was coming from her. Curiosity caught the best of us, Accomplice 2 and me, and we decided to go pay this amazing bakery boy a visit (frankly, the tacos were also screaming my name).

We walked into the bakery, expecting this gorgeous specimen that surpassed all other ‘average’ guys and came upon this quiet, normal-looking young man. He looked the same as other guys. Feeling a bit disappointed, Accomplice 2 and I started to make our selections when he smiled at us and asked us what we wanted. If melting on the spot was possible, we would’ve become puddles on the floor. His smile was so sweet and so genuine; it was extremely hard not to smile right back. Accomplice 2, who’s usually very calm and cool, started giggling…which I had never heard her do!

He was A-MA-ZING. I fought hard to quiet my sighs and made sure I didn’t stare at him. I can’t directly pinpoint what it was about this guy that literally made our mornings a bit brighter. If I had to point out something, it’d be that there’s a sense of innocence about him. He seemed so sincere, and seemed to really love his work. Two traits that aren’t common in anyone nowadays.

After paying and walking out of the bakery, I then understood why, usually-reserved Accomplice 1, turned into a giggling school girl with this guy. He’s really was unlike any other person I’d ever come across.

This local bakery has always been a family fav, and now it seems I may be stopping to buy bread myself. What’s even cooler…the bakery is blocks away from where I live. Sweet!

No comments: