Sunday, July 24, 2011

867-5309

"Jenny I got your number, I need to make you mine, Jenny don't change your number"

Believe it or not, I did call Jenny this past weekend. No, ladies and gentlemen, I was not calling for a good time. I dialed due to some peer-pressure from family members.

My family got together to have a giant carñe asada, which had not happened in years, and the conversation got gooood. In fact, 867-5309 came up randomly and my tia said that a voice recording would answer if I called. So there I go, dialing, hoping no one would answer. I ended up hearing: 'Hey this is Jenny, 867-5309, leave a message.'

Of course, I didn't leave a message. I'm pretty sure the number doesn't really belong to anyone but I didn't want to take the chance. Yes, this probably isn't new, but since I'm so outta the loop, it was new to me.

The phrase 'it's totally perpendicular' also came up. According to my tia, it meant the same thing as 'that's so cool'. I had never heard the phrase and she ain't too far along her years, but she said she would use it a lot back in the early 80s. I thought it was cool so if I start using it, now you know where it came from.

Another tia let me know that when she was younger, she would string tiny bells onto her shoelaces. Era la moda when she was a kid. Now that, I thought, was useful. I think I'm gonna do that with my lil girl, that way I'll always know where she's at (not that I'm careless with her, but things happen).

All in all, it was a totally perpendicular weekend. I just hope Jenny doesn't have ID caller and calls back. I wouldn't know what to tell her.

No comments: