Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Adieu

The ending is never really sweet, is it? Point out an ending that didn’t sting. But it’s a cycle, a never ending cycle, that comes and goes and we’re all made to be able to withstand the comings and goings. There is a particular guy that recently made somewhat of a dent in my life; one of the many that I carry inside.


He waltzed in at a time when I was wandering around aimlessly. I basically bumped into him and from then on, he’s been one of the 'consistent' ones in the picture. We’re friends, that’s all we’ve ever been. Perhaps at the beginning there had been the chance, the possibility, of something more but somehow it was washed out with the passing of time. He’s a good guy; the positive qualities he carries are way too many to point out right now. Besides, I’m supposed to be focusing on the negative, that way it won’t hurt as much. But there’s a reason for everything and he had a purpose in my life.


Things have changed, I have changed, and so his exit from my life is coming. I can feel it. It’s like the smell of wet dirt before the rain actually arrives; his departure is eminent. Had we been real, true friends, there’d be no need for such a thing. But since we never really have been, and the chance doesn’t really exist, this separation is necessary.

Through written words, I’m an open book. Ask me in person to explain everything I write, you won’t hear much. You’ll get the runaround. It was the same I received with him. ‘Real’ didn’t have a place in our friendship. I didn’t even get to know who he really was. His past, his goals, his dreams…things even basic friends would know about each other; I didn’t know anything about him.


It’s the way of the world. Changes shift circumstances and he doesn’t belong in my future because he’ll do more harm than help me. I gotta face the music at some point. Besides, a year has been more than enough.

"I know it's over, 
And it never really began,
But in my heart it was so real" 


No comments: