Sunday, January 30, 2011

Hung out to Dry

     I do something that is so absurd nowadays. I didn't think it was too unheard of, but a friend recently was extremely surprised at the thought that I still practiced this out-of-date chore. I do it partly because I don't mind it, partly due to necessity, and partly due to the fact that I don't want to dish out the cash for an easier option. This ancient method of completing an everyday chore is: hanging clothes out on a clothesline.
     Yes, believe it or not, I still do it. I hadn't really thought much of it until that friend almost choked on her Diet Coke when I told her I did that. What's wrong with it? Perhaps it might be that she thought I was too lazy to do such a thing. Perhaps it might be that everyone in the world has access to a dryer. Whatever the case may be, I didn't expect that reaction. I like to go and hang my laundry out to dry. I don't mind it at all. I much rather do that than go and visit a crowded laundromat and spend the whole freakin day listening to other people's children cry, to the random gossip of other people lives, or the craziest phone conversations ever. Nah, I choose the orquillas, el lasso, y el sol any day of the week. I apologize if you drive by my grandma's house and see my chones on the line getting their fill of sunshine pero nimodo, asi me gusta.
Hooray for the simple life

No comments: