Sunday, October 9, 2011

Indisposed Santa

I love holiday decorations but there are some I don't quite understand.

I was at Wal-Mart a couple of days ago and my daughter was fascinated by these huge inflatable displays depicting Christmas symbols. She was already pointing out the ones she wanted me to buy: Frosty the Snowman, a Christmas tree, Rudolph, and even some elves. I was looking at the displays, trying to figure out a way to explain to my lil girl that we couldn't possibly have a decoration that big at our apartment complex, when my eyes fell upon a rather unique display.....

Again I thought my eyes were deceiving me and so I stood there making sure I was seeing the display correctly. Yup, I was definitely right:

Uh-huh, it's Santa in an outhouse. He has the toliet paper waiting for him and everything. I dunno....I don't remember anything like that when I was a kid. Sure I've seen Santa stuck in the chimney, seen him asleep, but never seen this side of him. It's understandable, he's human and has needs but....really? Does he have to be depicted like that! 

And, of course, that's the one my lil girl asked for since it had more movement than the other displays. I ended up making our landlord the bad guy for not allowing me to buy it. 

Wait till I show my dad what they're selling now. He'll for sure embrace his 'Bah Humbug' mentality a lil tighter. From the looks of it, he just might be on to something. 

1 comment: