Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween

Halloween's over. Boo.


It all happened so darn quick, and I feel like I missed it all. All the Halloween specials...I didn't get to see them. Baking the mandatory Halloween-themed cupcakes and cakes....I didn't get a chance to bake them. Driving around to see Laredo's Halloween decorations.....I didn't do it. I missed it all.

Y porque, you may ask. Cuz I was too busy following around sports. Yup, that's correct, sports. With the Rangers' baseball games and my brother's wrestling matches, I got so caught up in the moment that I didn't even realize how fast-approaching Halloween was and it ended up zooming past me.

I can't help but feel like Sally in the old-time fav, It's a Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown (which I didn't get to see this year). I feel like shaking my fist around and throwing a tantrum and yelling "I was robbed!!!!....What a fool I was!!"


But alas, it was a great championship series and there's no replacing my bro's matches. But next year, I'm gonna make an effort to get into the Halloween spirit earlier..and perhaps skip baseball season altogether....but I ain't making promises. 

Here are a couple of pics I took during the spooky night. Enjoy. 


there were spiffy mobsters


feathered dancers 
what would Halloween b without a Spiderman
                                           


there were cute lil toads
mother vampires with their spawn
creative jack o'laterns (my brother carved out this one)

zombies driving cars

another creative pumpkin (this one was mine)
As short-lived as Halloween was, it was great fun. Next year's costumes have already been picked: we're gonna be zombies. Remember, we hafta start getting ready for the 2012 zombie apocalypse....

3 comments:

Alex said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DeLaredo said...

Looks like a normal Friday night in the West Side.

Furniture in Life said...

Asi es, DeLaredo. The West Side's where it's at. Feel free to visit whenever you get bored.