Saturday, September 24, 2011

West Side Advertising

I was in my own little world, when I passed by this place of business on San Bernardo near my dear ol' alma mater. When I saw the sign, I figured I had just read it wrong...I mean, no one could really make a mistake like that, right?

Well, me quede con la espinita and decided to turn around and give it another glance. Nope. I had read it right the first time.
GOING OUT FOR BUSINESS SALE


I dunno. Maybe it's not a misprint. Perhaps they meant it like that. Maybe they're out recruiting new customers. They might be exercising some new advertising strategy that hasn't caught on yet. Then again, maybe it was a misprint and since the banners were already paid for, what else could they do? Or maybe, that was the message that was sent to the printing company in the first place. O ala mejor, estoy mal yo. 

Whatever it may be, it sure did catch my attention. Por si que I get a lot of crap cuz I graduated from la martin. I ain't ashamed of it. I love my old high school, even though it's gone through its obstacles. But this sign just don't help the situation. 

Once a tiger, always a........ya, tu sabes.

2 comments:

Que Fregados said...

Tricky owners - like trying to convince us that reindeer really have necks that long :P. It's not the only one. You see this sign on other businesses that are healthy, too. Just trying to lure people in.

Que Fregados said...

And the nighttime picture - ha!

http://quefregados.wordpress.com/2011/01/10/rudolphraffe/