Sunday, September 18, 2011

Victory

The Cowboys were finally able to win their first game today. It was a close game that had me standing at times. There were even some points when I had to close my eyes and pray...well not really, but I did hold my breath a couple of times. Since the 'boys won and we were all cheered out, the family and I decided to stop the raspa truck and buy a couple of goodies. 

It had been yeeeeeeeaars since I had bought a raspa from the trocas that ride up and down the barrios. Usually I'd head to that tiny shack on McPherson to feed my raspa fix (never been to the penguins but heard it's fantastic). I really can't say why I hadn't stopped a truck in a while but I'm sure glad I did today.
mmmmm....nachos, jalapenos, and a raspa de piƱa
It was a great day. The Cowboys won, I indulged in some old favorites, and enjoyed some much needed rain. Even the heavens were celebrating the day.
rainbow over my dad's house (those are Halloween lights, btw.....)
Wishing everyone an awesome week.

3 comments:

Alex said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Furniture in Life said...

Nothing like a game like that to re-ignite some Cowboy pride....at least until they choke again...I mean, they are, after all, the Dallas Cowboys.

Alex said...
This comment has been removed by the author.