Thursday, May 19, 2011

Daily Living

"Hi, Daddy. Did you hear that Nuevo Laredo doesn't exist anymore?"


"Ya se. There's nothing beyond the bridge anymore. They erased it. Tambien le quieren cambiar el nombre a No Veo Laredo...gente tan pen****s."


***I rarely, if ever, will comment on local events because really, it's all just a circus. I have enough going on in my life, like raising a little girl that doesn't understand that the terrible twos was soooo last year, working to pay the bills, and trying to make sense of my own life. There's so much to be said for the ridiculous daily happenings in Laredo, but I'll let the other blogs take care of that issue. I'll stick to remembering the Laredo de mis tiemposHooray for my ol' man's sarcasm and quick wit...boooo to Laredo's politicians' inability to embrace what the city actually is: un pozo.***

No comments: