Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Mi Corazon

I have a heart. Granted it’s not perfect or pretty. It was torn apart and tossed in the garbage like a used up band-aid. I fought the urge to leave it there because it didn’t deserve such treatment. It got me into trouble in the first place; my head knew better than it did. But sometimes we have to take risks and so I decided this time I would follow what the heart wanted. Yeah, it didn’t turn out so well. So, in the end, there I went  scavenging through the nasty heap of trash only to find it had been shredded into a million pieces. I carefully took the time to search through every single discarded item but in the end, I wasn’t able to find all the parts. I carried this poor, sad pile of debris home, hoping that just maybe I would be able to get it to be whole in some way or another. Unfortunately, what I came up with didn’t make even half of the heart that I had before. Still, it’s something more than what I had a couple of months ago. So here I present to you…my sad, tortured, beaten, angry remnants of a heart. It’s as good as it’s going to get.

No comments: