Monday, October 1, 2012

Dirty Thirty......

I'm not much of a fan of the title but I've been hearing that phrase for the past week, so I figured I'd use it up a bit more. Well, it finally happened. A couple of days ago I turned the big 3-0. I'm no longer in my twenties. I can no longer say I didn't know better. I've matured. At last.

I always look forward to my birthdays. It doesn't bother me that I'm turning a year older. It's a year more that I'm grateful for. This particular birthday was special for many, many reasons. For one, I spent it with great company. For another, I celebrated three decades on this world of ours. And the third, well, I feel better than I have in a very, very long time. 

Since this birthday has been so special, I'm going to do something a bit different with the blog. I'm going to talk about thirty things I've learned in my thirty years. Granted, I've just begun my thirtieth year but I've learned a couple of things along the way. Each piece of wisdom I share will be numbered from,yes, you guessed it, one through thirty. This is also to differentiate between them and regular Halloween posts, which I promise will be coming up very soon. I can't promise a daily entry, but I can definitely promise that I'll complete the thirty. Keep in mind though, not all will be life-altering gems of knowledge. Remember, it's just my rinky-dinky blog. But I'll try my best to make them entertaining. 

For those who continue to check in on my blog, I thank you. I hold this blog close to my heart, even though it might not show, but I've enjoyed the whole experience. 

So stay tuned. The best is yet to come.
balloons are always fun

No comments: