Monday, November 29, 2010

Should be Sleeping like a Log...Instead I'm Cooking

No, it's not maggots..it's my rice. Never comes out right but I think I did ok this time.

I found out something new today. I found that I can come home from a hard day's work and cook up a storm with great enthusiasm. There's just one thing I need to help me along with the cooking process...Beatles' music. Yes, the ever wonderful and amazing Beatles can help put me in the mood to make something out of whatever ingredients I can scrounge up in the kitchen. Don't get me wrong; I do like to cook. I don't mind it at all, but after a stressful day at work, there's nothing more I wanna do than come home and just sit in front of the TV and relax. How many times do I actually get a chance to do that? Honestly, maybe once a week, if that. More than half of the time I get home and my lil girl is bouncing off the walls waiting to hit the streets. Soooo I take her out to the park or whatever makes her happy. But today...today was different. I actually did sit down in front of the TV and almost fell asleep but then I heard "mommy, I'm hungry"....so much for a ten minute nap. So off to the kitchen I went in search of something to feed my lil one. Well, inspiration struck and I found that maybe I could cook up a decent meal today. I put on the Beatles and I put together a meal good enough to feed a king...well at least the jester, if anything. So I guess from now on, I'm going to have to turn to the Beatles more often to come up with a home-cooked meal for more than just once a week (yes, yes, I know...what kind of a mother am I.). Anyways...I cooked dinner tonight. Yay!! The Beatles come through one more time....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lol, I get it : I should be sleeping like a log ....a hard day's night! The Beatles are Awesome!!

Furniture in Life said...

How cool!! Someone actually caught it...and yes, I completely agree, the Beatles are the best.