Monday, November 1, 2010

Big League Chew





On a recent trip out of town, I ran into this nifty little piece of gum. I remember being sevens-year-old
and buying this candy just because I wanted to feel like I was part of the big leagues. First off, I have
never really played baseball. Second, I don't really even follow the sport on TV (doing it now just because
the Cowboys aren't doing so well). Third, I remember only ever buying this gum once or twice. Sooo, when I ran
into this blast from the past, I thought I should buy it just for the sake of nostalgia. I haven't opened it
 and i don't really want to because it's not really found here in Laredo; but I am curious as to how it tastes.
We'll see what happens with that but I will say this...it's nice to see the old candy every once in a while. Anyone
seen Astro Pops since the eighties? I'd sure be interested in seeing that one....

3 comments:

DeLaredo said...

I loved that gum. I thought it was banned in the USA, like 2 Live Crew. I haven't had that gum since like 1989. Score me some.

Furniture in Life said...

I could very well do that but since it isn't found around these parts, it'd cost ya. I take checks and money orders.

Anonymous said...

chinga!