First and foremost, Happy New Year to everyone. A bit late, but better late than never.
Resolutions: everyone makes them, and by March, everyone forgets them. At least that's what happens with me. Is it on purpose? Perhaps it might be that I’m not ready to make the commitment. And if you haven’t gotten it by now, I’m not too keen on commitments. BUT I think it’s time. I’ve reached a point in my life where I am ready to make some major changes….okay, maybe not major but they’re significant to me.
Here are my top five resolutions:
5. Drink more water. Yes, it’s kinda boring and everyone always says they’re gonna do it and never do but I am. Years back, I gave up drinking any kind of soda for about three years. I’m gonna aim for six months and take it from there.
4. Do more baking with my daughter. I never did it much with my mom when I was younger. I was more into climbing trees and running outside than being in the kitchen, but my lil one likes making cookies. Main point being, spend more quality time with my baby, before she grows up and realizes that I’m not as cool as she thinks me to be now.
3. Write and read more. Obviously I haven’t been doing much of that lately. I love writing but I don’t make the effort to do it on a daily basis. And reading, well I’d have to say that I have a problem with reading. The thing is that once I pick up a book and I get into it, it’s difficult to put it down. I get obsessed with finishing it that I really can’t function. You probably think I’m exaggerating…..well, I finished the Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy in less than a week…. See…told you.
4. Get a house where my daughter can finally have her dog. Okay, I know this one won’t be accomplished in a year (well, one never knows) but I’m going to start the process of getting my own home. I have no idea where to start so that’s my starting point. Then, I’ll take it from there. As for now, I’ve managed to reach a compromise with my munchkin. She’s getting a hamster. I'm not too excited with the idea but it’s the best I can do…for now. I will get her a puppy and a yard where she can runaround with it...even if it means moving back with my dad.....maybe.
And the main resolution:
5. For so long, I’ve felt like I’ve been carrying around excess weight on my shoulders; my goal is to just let it go. I’m ready to leave my burdens in the care of someone who I know will be better able to deal with them than I ever will. I want to live a sincere life. I want to avoid as much negativity as possible. Sure, life isn’t perfect and I know that well, but there’s no need to constantly be on guard. I am very blessed with what I have in my life. I have an amazing family, great friends, a job I love, a place to live, food to eat, a vehicle to get me places, and enough money to provide us with what we need. I really can’t ask for anything more. It’s time that I work on appreciating it.
**And that there, folks, are my resolutions. So, I will be writing more. And the blog might change up a bit. How, I’m still not entirely sure, but I’m working on it. As for now, here’s wishing you many blessings, love, and happiness in 2013. J